Monday, November 4, 2013

RED ALERT YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKERS



Okay, Bidoof...we're heading off to Route 10 now.  Just stay in the back of my party and don't do a fucking thing to screw shit up.  Now, let's see...what is available here to the newest winner of the CLiff Badge?


First thing I see is a horde of Yanma.  This isn't promising.  Worst Bug/Flying Pokemon ever made, and it was only a commodity because it was difficult to find...but it's still worthless to me.  Snubbull, and...

I'm...I'm sorry.

No.

Wait...

Is this...


DID I JUST FIND A SHINY MOTHERFUCKING EEVEE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?


RED ALERT, YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKERS! THIS IS THE MOMENT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! THIS IS THE FIRST SHINY I'VE ENCOUNTERED SINCE THE GEODUDE IN SILVER AND THIS MAKES THAT ENCOUNTER LOOK LIKE A GODDAMN WILD BIDOOF--



I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS SHIT, BIDOOF! YOU KNOW YOU'RE GARBAGE SO JUST FUCKING DEAL WITH IT! SOUND THE KLAXONS! I WANT THIS SON OF A BITCH!!!!

Everyone...caution now...caution.  Helioptile...try Quick Attack a few times--

Okay, you're down.  I don't want to rick this, so Bidoof...get in there and be weak.

You did some damage and then you fell.  Good.  Lucario, stand in there while I throw Great Balls.

GO!

Wiggle...

Wiggle...

WIGGLE...

...

...

...

Caught.


And so, a great cry was heard throughout all of Kalos as Kevin Little caught the shiny Eevee, knowing full well the extent of its majesty and utility.  And Kevin did naught but shed a single tear, but t'was not a tear of sorrow...t'was joy that brought the tear to his eye, and joy that he did relish in for the remainder of his days.

Eevee:  A Normal-type Pokemon.  Really, though, it's anything you want it to be.  Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice, and now Fairy? Seriously one of the most valuable Pokemon possible to find shiny.  Granted, that just means that it's a different color, but fuck off, that's what makes them awesome.

Okay...take a breather, Kevin.  There are still other Pokemon to catch out there.  Let's check it out.


OOH, EMOLGA! YAY! SOOOO CUTE!!!! Gotta catch it!

Emolga:  An Electric/Flying-type Pokemon.  This was the first Electric/Flying-type since Zapdos and it's a combo I cherish.  I love Electric-types because they're, in my opinion, the strongest Pokemon out there.  Every other type of Pokemon has at least two weaknesses (including Dragon-types now especially), but Electric-types and Normal-types only have one weakness apiece.  However, even though Normal-types get the immunity to Ghost-types, they don't have any super-effective type-attacks against any other type because they're supposed to be the "neutral type".  Electric-types are weak to only Ground-type attacks and are strong against Water-types and Flying-types.  This guy is immune to Ground-type attacks, but he gains weakness to Ice-type and Rock-type attacks...but no one ever thinks to use that shit against him until at least the second round, and by that time, it's too late.

Okay, let's keep exploring--


Team Flare? What are you doing here amongst these odd stones? Fuck you, we fight!


Houndour again? Water Pulse again.


Golbat now? Inkay now--

Inkay not survive? Helioptile now--!

HELIOPTILE NOT SURVIVE?!?! LUCARIO NOW!!!! GOLBAT DIE!!!!


Now that the whole Team Flare thing is done, let's get back in the grass and--


Hawlucha! OH MY GOD! THIS IS THE POKEMON TYPE-PAIRING I'VE BEEN CLAMORING FOR! MUST CATCH IT!

Hawlucha:  A Fighting/Flying-type Pokemon.  That shit never existed before! Rock-type attacks used to be death to Flying-types, but now this guy neutralized the weakness and provided strength to hit back and hit back hard.  Awesome Pokemon, and the perfect way to represent the new type.


Oh shit, and Sigilyph are here, too? Fuck me sideways! I'll catch that, too!

Sigilyph:  A Psychic/Flying-type Pokemon.  There aren't many of this type, but this guy might be the better of them all.  He's got a sweet moveset and he doesn't evolve, meaning he'll be stronger earlier on when you need him and just barely sub-par when you hit the Elite Four.  Also, he take a quarter of the damage from Fighting-type attacks.  Very nice.

Man, that was much harder than it was worth, but screw it, this guy is cool--


AND GOLETT?!? Man, I friggin' love Route 10! Just throw me an Elekid and I'll build a house here--and I knocked it out.  Shit--ANOTHER ONE! With a critical capture! Aww, yeah, that mechanic is working!!!

Golett:  A Ground/Ghost-type Pokemon.  Again, beautiful immunity-typing.  Immune to Normal-type and Electric-type attacks, meaning this is the anti-Helioptile.  Plus, he knows a lot of sweet punching moves, so that's good.  His ability Klutz is kind of shit, though, since he can't use held items in battle, so there's that.

And what's this? Is my worthless sack of shit finally evolving?! I think it is!


Bibarel:  A Normal/Water-type Pokemon.  The only one of its kind and he's a shitty waste of life.  The most powerful Water-type move he learns naturally is Water Gun.  Fuck, I once taught my Rattata Water Gun in a Red play-through.  This guy in nothing special at all.

Dumb beaver.  Learn Strength! Now, I can drop my shiny Eevee off at the daycare and breed me some serious Eeveelutions.  That means going back through the Connecting Cave...but hey, I found the TM for Aerial Ace, so that's good--

And the TM for Frustration! Ha!


Pidgeotto...get ready for the hate-treatment--


ZUBATS!!! I FUCKING KNEW IT!!! I DIDN'T ENCOUNTER A SINGLE ONE ON MY FIRST PASS THROUGH BUT FUCK ALL HERE THEY ARE!

Okay...without anymore distractions, Eevee has been safely dropped off at the daycare.  Now, depending on the natures that come out of the baby Eevees, that will determine their evolution-training. Now, I can progress through the rest of the game knowing that I will have all the of the Eeveelutions.

Now, let's get back to Cyllage City and head up passed the rocks and find new shit.


Oh, and I finally caught that Absol while on my way back.  And a Zubat...because fuck it.

Absol:  A Dark-type Pokemon.  One of the stronger pure Dark-types in the game, and a valuable component against the ever-present Psychic threat looming in the distance.  Attack stat is way high and he can Mega Evolve, so that's pretty killer.

Zubat:  A Poison/Flying-type Pokemon.  Low levels, terrible moves, and constant presence in caves made them a fucking nightmare in earlier games, but now that he can evolve through Golbat into Crobat (which is actually quite good) and the fact that my Experience Share spreads experience like the plague, I don't have to grind him personally.  Definitely would be nice to have a Crobat later on.

Hey, it looks like I need a Strength Pokemon to get this item over here on Route, so I better hop back to the daycare and--


I ALREADY HAVE AN EGG? Wow, that was quick.  Let's put that away for when I can hatch it...which is when can't record what I'm doing in blog-form.

The only thing left to do for tonight is adjust the party and give people who haven't been used often a chance to shine...also, I caught a Whismur.


Because Pumbloom.  Google it.

Whismur:  A Normal-type Pokemon.  Pretty standard, but it gains immunity to sound-based attacks, which is pretty useful when you think of how many there actually are of those.  And they evolve pretty quickly, so that's nice.

Did ya Google Pumbloom yet? Fucking do it already.

Frogadier, Lv. 32
Lucario, Lv. 29
Helioptile, Lv. 24
Kirlia, Lv. 23
Fletchinder, Lv. 22
Axew, Lv. 14

Badges: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment