Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Few Housekeeping Notes

I hate fucking caves, but I know it has to get done.  For fuck's sake, everyone on the YouTube let's-play bandwagon is far passed me, and they had to play the game and then edit the fucking footage to get it on there! Connecting Cave, let's do this--!

Oh, actually, a few housekeeping notes beforehand:


1) Turns out that Pokerus isn't very useful, since Super Training is the most expedited way to EV train your Pokemon now, but I'll still keep one infected guy around just in case.


2) The Tyrunt and the Bulbasaur I got in the Wonder Trade had shitty natures (so I have been told), so instead of using that Bulbasaur to EV train, I gave it away to a friend in exchange for a Pinsir (since they're exclusive to X and I like me some Pinsir); furthermore, I'm just gonna use that Tyrunt to breed until I get one with a decent nature to EV train.

Pinsir:  A Bug-type Pokemon.  See, I knew there was at least one more.  This guy knows a shit-ton of Fighting-type moves, which made him pretty decent, but he was always in the shadows of Scyther or Heracross who just got a better deal on typing and movesets.  Nevertheless, I love him.


3) Super Training is awesome.  I've already maxed out the Attack and Speed EVs on my Riolu and my Pidgeotto, so shit is gonna get real when they evolve.


4) A friend traded me a Ditto in exchange for Pokerus, so she got an infected Skiddo and I got the whore of the Pokemon breeding world.  Breeding will probably not be covered in the blog.

Ditto:  A Normal-type Pokemon.  You don't use these to battle, primarily.  They can breed with almost anything, and you use them to breed your ideal Pokemon.  Catch a bunch, find the right ones with the right Natures, then let those bastards fuck like rabbits until you hit pay-dirt.


5) I found a Spritzee in the wild as I was running around catching Pokemon for Pokerus trades, so I decided I might as well catch it, since you can't find that shit in X.

Spritzee:  A Fairy-type Pokemon.  If I was going to use a straight-up Fairy-type...it still wouldn't be this one because I have no idea how to use them yet.  Still, they're a version-exclusive, so that'll be worth it to use for the Wonder Trade apart from Ducklett.


6) My egg hatched...


...you bet your sweet ass this got a FUCK YEAH.

Charmander:  A Fire-type Pokemon.  Just kill yourself if you don't know the deal with this guy by now.


7)  I've downloaded the patch for the game that is meant to fix the Lumiose City saving glitch, so that should enable me to do a little more exploring when we come back to this city.  I want to go clothes shopping.


8) Because the Pokedex is now all of a sudden only keeping track of the number of Pokemon you've seen and not the number of Pokemon you've caught, I'm going to have to do away with the Pokedex rating in the end-post footnotes.  I'm probably going to be catching and evolving everything under the sun, so I can't be bothered to be doing actual math from here on out.  Especially when there are a lot of Pokemon that I've yet to encounter that I know I'm going to have to catch because of things that have happened in the other blogs.  So...that's now happening.


9) Because this is still a very new game, there are not that many available image sources for my content.  This is a similar issue to the one that I run into oftentimes for "An Iridescent Adventure" because our DM creates a world that has not yet come into canonical existence, so it is my job to fill in the visual gaps in the blog by finding roundabout images to represent what is going on in the best way I can.  So, in order to expedite things, from here on out, I will be writing the blogs and saving them as drafts until I am certain that I can find the appropriate images to supplement them.  That means that I'll be blazing through the game much faster and I'll be able to get more posts done, but publishing might take a little while longer.  Bear with me and I'm certain you won't be disappointed.

Now, without any further housekeeping, we will proceed through the dank, dark, perilous, zubat-infested, fuck-oof cave to get to Ambrette Town.

Frogadier, Lv. 26
Ivysaur, Lv. 23
Kirlia, Lv. 20
Pidgeotto, Lv. 19
Honedge, Lv. 17
Riolu, Lv. 16

Pokedex: 37, Badges: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment