Sunday, October 27, 2013

#ReadTheOtherBlogsDamnIt


I fucking hate caves, have I mentioned that? Fucking hate them.  Video game caves, real caves...nothing good comes from caves--

And if you mention Batman, I will kindly tell you to fuck off, you flippant cunt.  Batman doesn't exist.  Shut up.


Just gotta collect my bountiful berry harvest of Pecha, Oran, Chesto and Persim for the cave and I'll be set.  Honestly, it's been an absolute pleasure discovering how much they've improved the berry-farming system since Gen-III.  I can't tell you how many berries I've lost from planted them and forgetting about them.  These suckers you can just leave in the dirt for whenever you're ready for them.  Hell, if I can grow all the right ones for statuses, I may never purchase a Heal or Awakening again.  Of course, the Potions will still be important, but come on, there's no reason not to grow berries now.

Got my berries, got my Ditto dropped off at the daycare.  Okay cave...do your worst.


That's it?!? It was a straight goddamned line for less than a couple of yards?!?! Disappointing!


I did manage to catch a Meditite, though.  Thought he might be a fun addition to the box.

Meditite:  A Fighting/Psychic-type Pokemon.  Very unique typing and an interesting Pokemon all around.  He evolves into Medicham, which apparently gets a Mega Evolution before Electivire does, but I'm not bitter about that at all.

And yes, I will catch everything that moves--


INCLUDING THAT AXEW HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Axew:  A Dragon-type Pokemon.  Granted, Dragon-types got pretty nerfed in this game, but seriously, they've been nerfing the best dragons since Gen-I, making sure that they're easiest-to-access weakness was usually x4 strong against them.  Always Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Ground...took them years to figure out that dragons didn't have to fucking explode in the winter.

But this is a First Dragon-type of the game, even before the second gym! Granted, I got a Tyrunt through Wonder Trade, but Axew is the first one you can encounter on your own with no internet connection at your disposal.  Yay, so happy! Pinsir and Axew in the same day--


I better keep them in separate boxes, just in case.


You know...from the first round of the Isis City gym battle?  #readtheotherblogsdamnit

Route 8...I wonder what--

"Stop right there"? What the fuck did I do?


Oh...it's Sina and Dexio here to upgrade my Pokedex.  Now I have the Coastal expansion pack.  Cool...why is my Pokedex segmented like this? I have one on my goddamned phone that's way more user-friendly than this one.

Tall grass on Route 8...let's get to catching.


Damn...missed out on a Drifloon.  Fortunately, they are in pretty high supply over here, and I have plenty of Poke Balls.

Drifloon, welcome aboard.

Drifloon:  A Ghost/Flying-type Pokemon.  Ghosts have really interesting immunities, especially him.  Immune to Normal, Fighting, and Ground-type attacks? That's a serious advantage, and when you factor in that Fighting-types are weak to Flying-types, this guy turns into a wrecking ball.

Is there anything else out here besides ghost-balloons and raining?

An HP Up, for one.  I also have a PP Up, but I don't know who needs that yet...maybe Riolu? Never mind, he's already EV trained.  Eh, I might as well just keep it to sell it.


OH, THERE ARE SPOINK HERE! YAY! I LOVE SPOINK! Never use them, but yay nonetheless. Come to me, Spoink!

Spoink:  A Psychic-type Pokemon.  Sproingy piggy.  That is all you need to know.


Holy flying buttfucks, there are Inkay here?! GET IT--!


Riolu...don't crit-hit knockout the squids, okay? Not anymore.  Now we have to deal with a fucking flock of Wingull (which might be better suited to the Water-type HM-slave position than Ducklett...I don't know yet).  We aren't leaving until we have an Inkay, but while we're here...let's fuck up a flock of seagulls.


There's an Inkay! Riolu...fuck it up...but be nice about it?

Perfect! Poke Ball, go!

You're mine, squiddy!

Inkay:  A Dark/Psychic-type Pokemon.  Never before has such a type existed and it has such incredibly-devious possibilities in combat.  Ooh, I sense a competitive contributor in the making!

Seviper here, too? I don't think I need one of those, really.  It's just a Poison-type.  Haven't yet touched the one I caught in Emerald, so I may let that one pass...but there IS an Absol, and they mega-evolve nowadays--


GAH! Fucked it up! Oh well, there will be others eventually.

Let's see...there's also Meinfoo, but they look ridiculous and I have no need for one of them at the moment--


Another flock of Wingull? Alright, well, I guess catching one of them won't hurt...besides, I love Wingull.  He's a boss.  Kicked some serious ass as my early Emerald Water-type.  #readtheotherblogsdamnit

Wingull:  A Water/Flying-type Pokemon.  Same deal as Ducklett...but with great Speed.


Here we are...Ambrette Town.  Looks like Serena wasn't too far behind me--

So, if we go though the aquarium, we will be able to get to Cyllage City? Okay, that sounds odd--

Fossil lab?! Here in town?! Amoura-time, baby--!


Oh...some dude is handing out the Rock Smash TM.  That's pretty cool--

Shit, that's a TM now?! Not bad...I hope Bidoof can learn this.  I was not expecting this to not be an HM--Hey, Bidoof can learn it! Awesome!  He knows Cut and Rock Smash with enough room for two more utility moves.  Actually, now that I think of it, I passed a lot of rocks on my way over her that looked pretty smashable.  I better backtrack a bit after I finish exploring this town--

TM96 Nature Power in the hotel--wait, why are there so many hotels around this region? Am I missing something by not doing them? Eh, that's probably something better left for the post-game.

Oh...never mind.  These rocks are not smashable.  Get back in the box, you useless beaver.


Now, for the Fossil Lab! Scientists! Men and women of science, do you know about Pokemon Mega Evolution?

...

...you know nothing.  Give me your PhDs, you miserable bastards--


Pokemon restored from fossils might have something to do with Mega Evolution? What the fuck are you on about, man?!

I guess I should ask your assistant in the Glittering Caves, wherever that is--oh, it's right next door, pretty much.  Dude, tell me what you know!

So, I need a Rhyhorn to ride through the cave? That seems oddly specific.  Let's say I had a Rhydon to ride on...

...



...oh my god, I see what they did there! But where can I get a Rhyhorn--I am NOT GOING BACK TO MY MOM'S HOUSE, DAMN IT!


Oh...you have one right outside waiting for me? Well...alright then.  Rhyhorn, giddy-up! Down Route 9 to the Glittering Caves!

...

...

...

...

...you move slow as shit, Rhyhorn--


A HELIOPTILE!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED IT!!!!!!! I NEED IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!! EVERYONE ON MY TEAM, YOU LISTEN AND YOU LISTEN GOOD: I NEEEEEEEEEED IT!!!!!!!!!!

Riolu, no high-powered attacks.  Just Quick Attack.  GO!

Now, Great Ball!

Come on...

COME ON....


YEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! MOTHERFUCKING VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!


#readtheotherblogsdamnit

Helioptile:  An Electric/Normal-type Pokemon.  Holy shit, this guy.  Immune to Ghost-types, but weak to Ground-types and Fighting-types.  Fucking whatever, he heals when hit with a Water-type attack or when it rains.  Do you even understand?! I didn't think you did...


And a Sandile, too? My oh my, what a day for me--! And it's ability is Moxie, too! A very good day indeed!

Sandile:  A Ground/Dark-type Pokemon.  Very cool dude with some interesting immunities and move pool.  Also, Moxie is a great ability that increases his Attack every time he takes out a Pokemon in a battle.  Hells yes.


A sky battle? How very peculiar...I think my Pidgeotto can take you on, my good sir!


And you sent out a Ledian...YOU FOOL! My Pidgey has faced Ledyba before and trounced them; you think its evolved form will be any match for us?!


This actually references the earlier gym battle in Santalune City, as well as the episode where all of the Iridescence Pokemon got separated from their trainers--


#READTHEOTHERBLOGSDAMNIT

Frogadier, Lv. 27
Ivysaur, Lv. 25
Kirlia, Lv. 20
Pidgeotto, Lv. 23
Riolu, Lv. 21
Helioptile, Lv. 15

Badges: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment